22 de mayo de 2013

GOING TO- FUTURE




Structure of Going to
There are several future forms. The one which is most often used in spoken English is 'going to', not 'will'.

The structure is:
subject + be + going + infinitive
The verb be is conjugated (past, present or future).
subjectbe(not)goinginfinitive
+Iamgoingto buya new car.
+I'mgoingto goswimming.
-Heisnotgoingto takethe exam.
-Itisn'tgoingto rain.
?Areyougoingto paintthe house?



We use 'going to' when we want to talk about a plan for the future.

•  I'm going to see him later today.
•  They're going to launch it next month.
•  We're going to have lunch first.
•  She's going to see what she can do.
•  I'm not going to talk for very long.

Notice that this plan does not have to be for the near future.

•  When I retire I'm going to go back to Barbados to live.
•  In ten years time, I'm going to be boss of my own successful company.

We use 'going to' when we want to make a prediction based on evidence we can see now.

•  Look out! That cup is going to fall off.
•  Look at those black clouds. It's going to rain soon.
•  These figures are really bad. We're going to make a loss.
•  You look very tired. You're going to need to stop soon.

We can replace 'going to go' by 'going'.

•  I'm going out later.
•  She's going to the exhibition tomorrow.


Exercises on going to Future
•   statements
•   questions

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Los comentarios siempre son moderados por los administradores de Nuestro Blog....